To save time and effort when searching the library's online databases, try these searching tips:
- Brainstorm a variety of keywords to use when searching (diary, autobiography, memoirs)
- Use quotes to search for a phrase ("Chinese immigrants")
- Connect keywords with and (immigration and United States)
- Use or to search synonyms (United States or U.S.)
- Use * to get different word endings (immigra* will find immigrant, immigrants, immigration)
- Use the peer reviewed, scholarly, or refereed search limiters in databases.