Since conducting research can often seem a bit like trying to get a sip of water from a fire hydrant, this guide is available to help jump start your research by providing selected resources in which to search.
May you enjoy the adventure of researching this intriguing time in history!
(Image from: https://www.mitchellteachers.org)
As you search for appropriate information sources, you will not only look in the subject area of "history", but also in some of the following areas within the context of Roman civilization:
(Image from: ArtSTOR)
1. Analyze your information need
2. Select the best information sources for your
3. Select the appropriate resource
in which to search
4. Conduct effective, efficient searches using "smart searching"
5. Determine the relevance and reliability of the sources located
6. Develop a working bibliography/reference list
(RefWorks can help with this!)
7. Physically locate the desired material
(Sometimes this may mean requesting from another library)
8. Read and think critically about your sources
9. Write/develop an effective research paper/project/presentation
10. Correctly cite the sources you used
(e.g. using Turabian citation style)
(RefWorks can help with this too!)