- It keeps your research more organized by allowing you to store in one place all of the citations you have gathered from various online indexes/databases
- It allows you to organize your citations into subject folders
- It provides links to articles that are full-text in one of the online indexes/databases to which the Bethel Libraries subscribe, or to PDFs that have been uploaded into RefWorks
(The latter is a great way to store articles requested from other libraries through interlibrary loan!)
- It allows you to create bibliographies/reference lists in a selected citation style (e.g., APA)
- If you use the companion program, RefWorks Citation Manager, it will format your in-text citations as well as your reference list
NOTE: Although RefWorks is a great program, it is not perfect. Therefore, when using RefWorks to create a bibliography/reference list, be aware that some editing may be needed after it has been created.