- It keeps your research more organized by allowing you to store in one place all of the citations you have gathered from various online indexes/databases
- It provides links back to articles that are full-text in one of the online indexes/databases to which the Bethel Libraries subscribe
- It allows you to attach PDFs of articles to the citations stored in RefWorks
(Great way to store articles requested from other libraries through interlibrary loan!)
- It allows you to create bibliographies/reference lists in a selected citation style (e.g., APA)
- If you use the companion program, Write-N-Cite, it will format your in-text citations as well as your reference list
NOTE: Although RefWorks is a great program, it is not perfect. Therefore, when using RefWorks to create a bibliography/reference list, be aware that some editing may be needed after it has been saved as a Word document.